Brian Siedband and Gordy Sang Named Chicago SVP, Creative Directors
Leo Burnett Chicago appoints Gordy Sang and Brian Siedband as senior vice president, creative directors to work on McDonald’s and new-business opportunities. The Chicago natives return from Los Angeles, where they worked at Deutsch on brands such as Taco Bell, PlayStation and Netflix.
The creative duo grew up 10 minutes away from each other, but didn’t meet until they teamed up at FCB Chicago in 2007 as creative partners working on Miller Lite. Sang and Siedband were named to Business Insider’s “Most Creative People in Advertising” in 2013 for PlayStation’s “Cubs Win,” along with Taco Bell’s “Viva Young” Super Bowl commercial and “World’s Most Obvious Idea” for the restaurant’s launch of Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco.
“It’s a great time to be at Leo Burnett and working on new-business pitches to help continue the agency’s winning streak,” said Sang. “We just want to help make some great work, we’re all about the work.”
Leo Burnett was most recently named the global agency of record for Brooks Running. In the past year, the agency also won creative duties for Marshalls, several Kraft brands, UnitedHealthcare and the McDonald’s North American brand assignment.
“Hopefully we can build on the McDonald’s work that Leo Burnett does around the globe with some fun, memorable storytelling,” said Siedband. “We’re just fans of good stories. And also, Chicago-style hot dogs.”
Self-proclaimed creative soul mates, they support rival Chicago baseball teams. Sang is a White Sox fan; Siedband supports the Cubs. To announce the news for our social audiences, Sang and Siedband selected some of their favorite creative essentials to be put on display. Check out the post here and see below for what this Chicago duo picked:
• Banana: “We don’t go out to lunch (efficiency purposes). We bring in our lunches from home and put them in a plastic baggy.
• Water bottle: “We like to stay hydrated.”
• Pentel pencils: “Always have a utensil. Plus we like to doodle nonsense.”
• Emergen-C: “Late nights. Lack of sleep. Health.”
• Two cracked cell phones: “We’re clumsy morons, but need to stay connected.”
• Paper towels: “We’re sloppy when we eat our lunches at our desks. Also dinners.”
• Turkey jerky: “We get hungry. It’s deliciously salty.”