Leo Burnett Wins Three Gold Lions at Design, Product Design, Radio and Cyber Lions Awards
Gold Lion for Samsung “Safety Truck” from Leo Burnett Buenos Aires Marks First-Ever Cyber Lion for Argentina
CHICAGO, June 24, 2015 –- Leo Burnett Buenos Aires won a Gold Lion in the Cyber category for the Samsung “Safety Truck” campaign at the 2015 Design, Product Design, Radio and Cyber Lions Awards. The campaign also won a Silver Cyber Lion for Innovative Use of Technology. This achievement marks the first Cyber Lion win for Argentina.
“It’s often our aim to create meaningful work that impacts people’s lives in some small way. ‘Safety Truck’ for Samsung enters a new distinction of its own because of its power to save lives,” said Mark Tutssel, global chief creative officer of Leo Burnett Worldwide. “The brand constantly seeks to improve our lives through its world-class technologies and, with my colleagues in Buenos Aires, they’ve taken that a step further to earn this high distinction.”
Leo Burnett Toronto, London and Chicago’s Always “#LikeAGirl” campaign also performed well in the Cyber category, securing two Gold Lions for Social Video and Community Building/Management. Leo Burnett Beirut’s “Keep the Flame Alive” for Johnnie Walker received one Silver Cyber Lion and one Bronze Cyber Lion for Response/Real Time Activity (including crowdsourcing) and Use/Curation of Images, respectively.
In the Design category, Leo Burnett London’s “Suffocation” campaign for charity Karma Nirvana won a Silver Lion for Photography. Leo Burnett Frankfurt/Thjnk received a Bronze Lion for Large Business for its “The Burger Report” campaign for McDonald’s Germany. Leo Burnett Toronto won a Bronze Lion for Self Promotion for its “Christmas Wrapping Paper” internal campaign.
Chicago-based LAPIZ received a Bronze Lion for its “Snow Graffiti” campaign for the Mexico Board of Tourism for Sculptural, marking the agency’s third Lion win this year.
Leo Burnett Worldwide won 11 Lions in total across the Cyber and Design categories, bringing its total award count to 55.
Keep up with Leo Burnett at Cannes using #LeoCannes.
• Leo Burnett Buenos Aires – Samsung “Safety Truck” – Spatial Tech (including digital installation/exhibit)
• Leo Burnett Toronto/London/Chicago – P&G Always “#LikeAGirl” – Social Video
• Leo Burnett Toronto/London/Chicago – P&G Always “#LikeAGirl” – Community Building/Management
• Leo Burnett Buenos Aires – Samsung “Safety Truck” – Innovative Use of Technology
• Leo Burnett Beirut – Johnnie Walker “Keep the Flame Alive” – Response/Real Time Activity (including crowdsourcing)
• Leo Burnett Beirut – Johnnie Walker “Keep the Flame Alive” – Use/Curation of Images
• Leo Burnett Sao Paulo – Marcio Auerilio – Young Lions
• Leo Burnett London – Karma Nirvana “Suffocation” – Photography
• Leo Burnett Toronto – Leo Burnett “Christmas Wrapping Paper” – Self Promotion
• Leo Burnett Frankfurt/Thjnk – McDonald’s “The Burger Report” – Large Business
• Lapiz Chicago – The Mexico Board of Tourism “Snow Graffiti” - Sculptural