Leo Burnett Germany Named Red Dot: Agency of the Year 2015
Network earns four Red Dots: Best of the Best and 16 Red Dots.
Update: Leo Burnett Germany has been named Red Dot: Agency of the Year 2015. According to Andreas Pauli, chief creative officer at Leo Burnett Germany, “the Red Dot jury is special because it is mainly composed of communication experts who originate in design. This creates a very different and fresh perspective on advertising.”
Read the original post from August 12, 2015, below.
Leo Burnett Germany’s Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin offices garnered four Red Dots: Best of the Best and 16 Red Dots for their outstanding campaigns with the network’s top clients.
The Red Dot Design Award is one of the world’s largest design competitions, where designers measure themselves against the best work in the industry in Product Design, Design Concept and Communication Design. Under Communication Design, there are 17 categories in which designers, agencies and brands submit their work for consideration.
Leo Burnett Frankfurt’s Dunlop “One Second” spot received two Red Dots: Best of the Best in Sound Design and Film & Animation Craft. Another Best of the Best award for the Frankfurt office was for their work with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Germany: “The Interactive Parking Billboard.” The fourth Best of the Best Red Dot went to Leo Burnett Frankfurt/Thjnk for McDonald’s “The Burger Report.”
Here are the 16 campaigns that won Red Dots:
1. “Tire People,” Goodyear Dunlop Tire Europe, Belgien, Advertising, Print Campaign
2. “Tire People,” Goodyear Dunlop Tire Europe, Belgien, Illustrations, Advertising Illustration
3. “Enjoy the Rain,” Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany, Packaging Design, Other
4. “Good Since 1035,” Leo Burnett GmbH, Publishing & Print Media, Self Promotional Item
5. “The Orange Press,” Oh! Saft, Packaging Design, Beverage
6. Tights Opaque Black, ITEM m6, Packaging Design, Health & Beauty
7. Klamauk Vinyls, klamauk music & art GbR, Packaging Design,CD/LP
8. Klamauk Vinyls, klamauk music & art GbR, Illustrations, Advertising Illustration
9. “We are Charlie,” Reporter ohne Grenzen, Advertising, Print Campaign
10. Gif Freedom, Amnesty International, Interface Design, Software Interfaces & Usability
11. “Keep Them Flying,” Naturschutzbund Deutschland (NABU), Social Responsibility
12. “Flight Map,” McDonald's Deutschland Inc., Advertising, Print Campaign
13. “Popov, the Clown,” McDonald's Deutschland, Advertising, Cinema Commercial
14. “Popov, the Clown,” McDonald's Deutschland, Film & Animation, TV Commercial
15. “Popov, the Clown,” McDonald's Deutschland, Sound Design, Film & TV Commercial Sound
16. “Ich liebe es 2.0,” McDonald's Deutschland, Sound Design, Film & TV Commercial Sound
Out of 7,451 entries from 53 countries across 17 categories, the jury awarded 568 projects with a Red Dot. The Red Dot: Best of the Best has been awarded only 81 times.
All winners will be honored at the award ceremony in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2015, when the winner of the highly coveted Red Dot: Grand Prix will be revealed.